Monday, October 20, 2008

A Sigh of Relief

After the most hectic and whirlwind 10 days, I am finally breathing a sigh of relief. Visiting relatives, crazy birthday cakes, parties, traveling, and football games have all come to an end. And all at the mere price of a small loss of my sanity, a large gain of stress, a few hours of missing sleep, and one homework assignment that I somehow forgot to do. I woke up today and realized that outside of getting Gabrielle to school (which I did, but not on time), I didn't have much else to do. What a nice feeling! A normal day of running around after my kids, making dinner (homemade spaghetti sauce. . . still trying to use up those tomatoes), and all that other normal day-to-day stuff. . . that some would still think is a lot of stuff. I even watched T.V. during naptime! Sadly enough though. . . I'm also feeling a little empty. . . or perhaps lacking in goals. Maybe I should actually do my school work or clean my house that's a disaster after all of our activity. . . that's a good goal. I think the girls are happy to be home and have some peaceful moments. They're finally able to really enjoy all the toys that they got for their birthdays. . . which just makes the house even messier. But as long as they're happy, that's good enough for me. Anyhoo, here's some pics of them at the football game.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'll be home Saturday!!! We can do something soon if you are still feeling "empty"!