Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mexican. . . yummy!

And no, I am not talking about Taco Bell! I'm talking about Jean's kitchen, where we had the gracious honor of being invited over for dinner. In case it's not obvious, I pretty much like every kind of food! The only genre I tend to turn away at is Indian. . . don't like curry much (or at all really). But I love Mexican (along with American, Italian, Chinese, Korean, Thai. . . you get the idea.

Now I feel really bad because I forgot to take pictures. But don't let that fool ya! I ate a whole plate full of food, and went back for another whole plate! I could've stayed there eating all night -- carne guisada (which is like a Mexican beef stew, or beef in gravy. Hard to explain, but oh so good!), Spanish rice, chicken, pico de gallo, beans, and tortillas. YUM! I'm thinking that the next time I'm in the mood for Mexican, I'm going to have to pay Jean -- or come up with a good excuse like it's my birthday :-P

And because I can't go to someone's house to eat without bringing something, I contributed a dessert (no big surprise there). And in keeping with the Mexican theme, I made one of my favorites -- flan!

1 comment:

AB said...

aw man you wouldn't survive in my neighborhood then, its Curry Central.