Monday, October 13, 2008

Birthday Party!

Party day!!!!! The girls had a blast! In fact, I think everyone had fun. It was all good except for the birthday celebration part when Chuck E. Cheese (a big giant rat) came out. Then Leila lost it! She was so upset. Thinking back on it, Robert and I realized that we should've known that was gonna happen. Oh well. Once he finally went away again, everything was great again. I love having my mom here when the girls have their birthday because she is such a big help. Like at the party, Gabrielle went off with her Daddy, Leila went off with my mom, and I was able to attend to party details. I'll tell you what though, the Chuck E. Cheese around her needs to get a little bit more organized, because the first 30 minutes of the party, they were just a mess. They hadn't realized that there were two people celebrating birthdays and hadn't made Leila her balloon bouquet. And then my party host had never done this before so she pretty much didn't know what she was doing. And then it took them FOREVER to get tokens for the kids. . . like what else are they supposed to do without any tokens??? Oh well, in the end, I think it all went well. We didn't open gifts there because it was super chaotic. It was a holiday and schools were closed, so I think everybody was thinking "I"m going to take my kid to Chuck E. Cheese." So after they woke up from their naps, they opened their gifts and it was like having a whole nother party!

No comments: