Thursday, October 16, 2008

Another Year Older

Not me of course, but the girls. I now officially have a 4 year old and a 2 year old. It seems so strange to think that Gabrielle is 4. For some reason, that sounds like such a BIG number. FOUR!!!! And I guess Leila has decided that since she is now two, she will indeed play the part. We have hit the terrible two's with a punch. She's just downright awful sometimes. I see in her face the look of her trying to figure out just how many ways she can be both definat and needy all at the same time. On the one hand, she wants to be independent and do everything HER way, and on the other hand, she wants me to carry her everywhere we go. She's really going to need to get over that one soon though because 32 lbs is waaaaay to heavy for me carry around everywhere.



For their birthdays, I made them foods that they loved. For Gabrielle, that meant Scooby Dooby Doo macaroni and cheese, and deviled eggs. . . strange I know, but the girls love them some deviled eggs. And for Leila, I made pasta. . . which she loves in pretty much any variation. So I made chicken scallopine, which I love. Back when we used to live in places that had restaurants, I loved to go to Macaroni Grill and order chicken scallopine. Now, if I want it, I have to make it. And of course, Leila's dish came with a side of tomatoes, because let's face it, she thinks tomatoes are the most wonderful thing ever! Too bad we're down to about 20 tomatoes now. . .


No comments: