Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pearl's Delicious Korean!

Tonight was my lucky night because my friend/neighbor, Pearl, who happens to be Korean invited us over for dinner. I loooooove Korean food. Robert loooooooves Korean food. And the girls looooooove Korean food. So I knew this was going to be good. But I didn't know just how good it was going to be until I got there. She truly outdid herself! When we got there, her husband was out on the grill, grilling up some Galbi and some spicy marinated pork.







To go along with the meat, she'd made a whole array of sides like chapchae, which is a fabulous noodle dish where the noodles are made out of sweet potato starch. This was Gabrielle's favorite. She had seconds and ate it all!



Pictured here is a combination platter of meat jun and saeng sun jun, which are like fried meat and fish patties. Delicious! I think the meat jun was Leila's favorite.



There were also some watercress which was kind of like a salad, bean sprout salad, and homemade kim chi, both napa cabbage and radish.



It was all soooo good! We all stuffed ourselves. And because I feel bad if I go eat at someone's house without contributing, I made something that I knew Pearl likes. . . sesame balls!
You couldn't eat this good at a restaurant. I sure do hope Pearl invites us over for dinner again. :-)

No comments: