Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Chinese BBQ!!!

Everytime we go to the Chinese grocery store, my girls complain that they're hungry. Yes, we normally go around lunch time, but that's not the point. The point is Chinese BBQ, aka Chinese Roast Pork, aka Char Siu, which they sell there, and my girls think it's great to buy it all sliced up and eat in the car on the way home. In the past, they have devoured almost a pound of it all by themselves. They call it lunch. By the time we get home, they're sitting in their car seats stuffed and with sticky red fingers. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I love char siu too. Definately one of my favorites, which I also love to eat as is. If we ever have any left over, I tend to serve it up with some rice. I finally decided that I needed to learn how to make it on my own, and today was the day to try. It was actually very easy as I used a packet of dry rub that I got from the above mentioned chinese grocery store. :-) And since I just put it in the oven to cook it, I think the total amount of effort on my part amounted to about 15 minutes. Yeah, I cheated, which isn't how I normally do things, but I thought it came out great for so little effort and so easy to do. And it went just great over a bowl of fried noodles. Yum! I was hoping I'd have enough left to make char siu bao, which are buns filled with the BBQ, but alas there no left overs to be had. That's okay though because I can always make more now. :-D

No comments: