Wednesday, November 19, 2008

That's What Friends Are For

Phone calls to rant and rave, a cup of sugar, someone to watch your kids in the case of an emergency, and Amish Friendship Bread starter. . . which Jessica happened to bless me with 10 days ago. I am a big fan of AFB, so I was delighted and excited to get it. Personally, I have no problems squishing it and feeding it over the 10 day period. But this was the first time that I've gotten it since I've really gotten into cooking, and the more I thought about it the more the starter reminded me of sourdough starter. Which gave me this great idea. . . I bet I could make sourdough bread out of it. Need I say more? Results below :-) I will definately be making this again.

1 comment:

Maria and Rodney said...

Where is the recipe?? It looks good!! You know, you are inspiring us (Ashley and I) to be in the kitchen more. You owe to open a restaurant/cafe or maybe change your major....You seems to have the passion for this....keep up the good work.