Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Woo hoo! And what a happy new year it is! Even though Robert and I stayed up until midnight, I still got the best night of sleep yet this week. Leila's fever finally broke last night, and she spent the whole night asleep in her bed. No crying, no fussing, and no requiring me to sleep on the floor. For those of you with younger babies, I am sure you are thinking that it just isn't fair. But please keep in mind that I have already paid my dues on that angle, and now I like to sleep undisturbed and peacefully with only my husband in bed next to me. Apparently Gabrielle knows that so well that this morning she said that she woke up in the middle of the night and had to go to the bathroom, but she decided to hold it and go back to bed. I didn't even know that a four year old could hold it like that. Apparently her reason was that she was too tired to get out of bed. When we explained to her that it's okay to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, she said "But then I'd have to be VERY quiet when I come into Mommy and Daddy's room (because she uses our bathroom)" She really is like a little angel, a very considerate little angel. I think Robert and I are just grateful that her bed was dry this morning. Well Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: